You might want to have a jewelry appraisal to determine the actual value of your engagement ring. This is a sensible step that thousands of people take every year. You want to get the maximum value for your ring.
There is a set process that the valuation expert is going to follow, which ensures that you are going to get complete value for money.
How does the jewelry appraisal actually work?
1) The weight of the diamond will be determined during the course of the appraisal. This is a unit of mass.
2) The higher the mass, the more valuable the stone in the ring will be, which is going to increase the amount of money that you receive when you sell diamonds to an interested buyer.
Once the grade has been determined, the next stage of the inspection can begin.
1) The colour of the diamond is important because this is going to help determine the value of the diamond that is in your engagement ring. The colour of the diamond should be checked using specialist lighting equipment. The colour chart goes from D-Z. D is the clearest form of diamond.
2) The less colour in the diamond, the more valuable that it is going to be when you would like to sell it on to someone else.
3) Once the colour has been determined, the next stage of the inspection can begin in earnest.
1) Blemishes and scratches can reduce the value of the diamond. The scale runs from “flawless” at the top to I3 at the bottom. There are eleven different grades of clarity in total. When your diamond ring is close to flawless, this means that the ring is going to be more valuable.
2) Once the clarity has been determined, the next stage of the process can begin.
1) The next thing to be inspected is the cut of the diamond. The cut refers to how light passes through the diamond when a beam is shined through it. This is graded in several different ways.
2) When the diamond has been cut with the correct proportions, the diamond will start to sparkle. The diamond will not appear dull when the cut is extremely good.
The Market Value Of Diamonds
1) The market value of diamonds changes over time and does not stay constant. This is going to be taken into account by the people who are valuing your diamonds.
2) They will make sure that they know the market value of the particular stone that they are looking at.
Once The Diamond Has Been Valued
1) Once the diamond has been valued, you can make the final decision about whether you are going to sell it or not.
2) The diamond can be sold onto the same company that has done the valuation for you.
The diamond is going to be subject to a thorough test to see how much it is actually worth. Once the valuation has been carried out, then you will be able to sell the diamond for a good price.